Clutch problems today

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch problems today
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 18:57:53 -0400 jwimkrs1.na.jci.com/NA/Johnson_Controls(601HF2 | February 19, 2003) at 06/26/2003 06:08:55 PM
Hello all:

I had some weird clutch problems today that maybe somebody out there has an
answer for...

  I had noticed that the clutch didn't seem 100% right, but I had thought
it was my 2nd gear synchros..  Anyways, I was coming to a stop, went to
push the clutch in to coast to a stoplight and the thing wouldn't engage.
I popped it into neutral, then it wouldn't engage to let me put it into
gear.

I hopped out, while blocking tons of traffic, pushed it to the side,
checked the fluid.  I was a bit low, but nothing serious, so I topped it
up.  Tried to bump it while hitting the starter and keeping it in gear but
it would just pop out of gear

THEN, the clutch pedal will not go down anymore than approx 3/4 " ....

SO, what does everyone think....slave cylinder, clutch fell apart or is it
in the tranny????????

....No big deal with any of the above since I have a few spare trans', some
clutches and slave cylinders.. but have never come across this failure
before with the clutch pedal acting like its a well set up brake
pedal...hard as a rock!

Any replies welcome......

Regards

Brock