v12 Re: Jaguar price assistance please

To: dmeadow@juno.com, cfchrist@earthlink.net
Subject: v12 Re: Jaguar price assistance please
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 12:45:41 EDT
Cc: fortee9er@yahoo.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
That vee 12 was not built for racing - I guess you mean fast driving?  It was
raced in Le Mans jags many years ago despite having an iron block.  The
original design spec for a Jaguar vee-12 was for racing but a lot of re-design
work
occurred by the time the road engine was built.

I think the 12 was supposed to go into the XJ saloon series first but ended
up going in the last of the E-types and 4 years late in 1972 it went into
saloons.  It went into the XJ-S 2 door sport some time after that.  Later XJ-S
have
the 6 cylinder engine.

Daniel1312 - Climax in Coventy - ISBN 0-9530721-2-6