Re: Differential / Axle HELP

To: GMGoodman@aol.com, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Differential / Axle HELP
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 19:47:44 -0700 (PDT)
Jerry,
    Get a used one from a late model spridget with
1275 or 1500 engine.  Should have BTA 806 embossed on
the flange in large letters.  I'd replace both axles
as the early Sprite axles were known to break easily
and yours could be 44 years old.  Yeah, you will have
to remove the diff if it broke inside as they usually
do, but you might have gotten lucky and it broke off
at the hub then your home a lot easier.  If it is
broken inside don't forget to very throughly clean
inside the diff housing as you'll have lots of tiny
metal bits floating around.
  Anybody on the list with a spare pair of axles?????

Bob