Re: Towing

To: <type79@ix.netcom.com>, "Spridgets List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Bugeye Group" <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: Towing
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 11:51:21 -0700
Hi Jay,

That's OK for short distances at lower speeds, but this gearbox gets it's
lubing action from the spinning of the input shaft and the rotation of the
lay gear.  If it's in neutral, all these are stopped wqhile towing and the
1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th are all rotating on the output shaft with no new
lube being thrown up to them.  This is fine for short distances.

Paul A