Re: Easy off for the windshield frame

To: "Bill Bryant" <bryant@sonic.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Easy off for the windshield frame
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 19:23:18 +0100
I have just been outside spraying mine with a can of something called
Diamondclear from Eastwoods  (Frost, in the UK)  Seems OK; smells like my
daughters' nail varnish.  No idea how well it will stand up to time but if
it does what it says on the tin, it will be OK.

I had thought about the wax treatment, but my daughters advised against it.
Said it was painful and needed doing again too often.

I had fully stripped mine down, removing remnants of previous damaged
coatings (partly anodising).  I used wet & dry from 400 grit through to1200
grit and finishing with buffing with aluminium compound paste.

Oh, did I say?  the glass is out and its fully dismantled.  Goes in next
week to get a new glass fitted @ 40 GBP.

Guy