Rear End

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear End
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:20:06 EDT
I received this from a friend.  I thought the collective wisdom of the list
might know a lot more about rear ends (Spridgets, Spridgets!) than I do.  Does
anyone have any words of wisdom I can relay to him?  Thanks.

---David C.

"I am building a 1275 to the specs of my 1340 Cooper S that I had in the UK.
I had the cam ground close to the 731 cam that I had in that motor.  It will
have a big valve head and cooper s distributor.  It is .030 over.  I have
several leather hides and decided to cover all panels and dash with that.  I
put
floors, lt rocker and A post piller sections back in it plus a new bonnet.
(Since buying a bonnet I bought a 68 with an excellent bonnet for $400.)  Oh
well.
All suspension is being rebuilt, and I would like to put a Rivergate in it,
but the cost is currently prohibitive.  The ribcase tranny will have to do for
now.  I am going to beef up the rear axle and am considering an axle from a 74
as those always seemed to hold up to the 1275.  Got any suggestions?"