Re: Selling???

To: macleans@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Selling???
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 20:18:56 EDT
When I was rebuilding my bugeye in the late '70s I had a chance to buy a
factory 100M for $5000.  It was a solid car, needed cosmetics but since I was
up
to my eyeballs in the bugeye resto, I passed.  As the prices of 100Ms have
risen in to the $30-50k range, I regularly kick my butt over that decision.
While
filling up at a gas station at Lime Rock last week, a guy in a 5-series BMW
asks me about the bugeye and tells me he has a 100M.  He says the bugeye is
more fun to drive.  That's the trouble with being car lovers.  "So many cars,
so
little time (and money)"  We'd all love to sample those cars we've always
lusted after and I'm sure a lot of us play the game of what we could buy if we
sold whatever cars we have at the time.  In fact, I considered selling my
bugeye
and big Healey to buy an M Roadster at one time.  Maybe we should all buy a
differrent car and start trading them around the list for a month at a time.
That way, we could all get a shot at our dream cars.

Rick
AN5, BJ7, BMW gray market 323i, Z/28
If I sold all of these, maybe I could afford a WRX STi