Re: wiper autopark

To: Bill L <pythias@pacifier.com>
Subject: Re: wiper autopark
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 21:05:18 -0400
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Bill L wrote:
> Hello spridgets,
>
>   my wipers don't autopark. they work fine, but NEVER park. can
>   someone tell me the order of the wire hookup, top to bottom? there
>   IS a (one) going over to the limit switch from the motor body.

Bill

On single speed motors, that red wire on top is the park wire.
If you loosen the 4 screws on the gear cover and turn the dome, the
wipers will park somewhere.
Unless the little contact under the dome is bent or missing.
Pop off the gear cover, on top of the gear is a brass or copper clip
with a contact on it. (or there should be) If not, you can make
something out of a thin copper pipe. Just cut off a small piece of
copper, fashion a little clip with an arm. It's hard to explain but easy
to do with a pair of metal snips and/or a dremel tool.
The contact rides inside the dome, the dome has copper on part of it,
where the copper stops, the wipers park.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ