Wiring ignition

To: "midget" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wiring ignition
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 08:57:33 -0500
I am finally getting the engine back in the 79 1500 but have found that the
previous owner installed an after market electronic pickup in the
distributor.  Not a problem but since this car was apart when I got it I am
having a wiring problem.  Three small wires come out of the black box and go
to the distributor.  A red wire comes out of the box and goes to the
positive side of the coil and a black to the negative side.  Problem is
there is a purple wire!!  Where does it go?  Is it a ground?  Or is the
Black wire to ground?