RE: Colorado humor (no lbc)

To: "'Glen Byrns'" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Subject: RE: Colorado humor (no lbc)
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 13:30:51 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
One of my favorite spots around here is the State of California, Donner
Party picnic area. It is just north of Truckee on 89, nice little turn
out with some picnic tables and a trail that goes around the park
showing where the Donner Party camped that winter of '46.
        Donner party of 80, your table is ready,  Donner party of 79,
Donner party of 78...
                Crash

I believe it was 'Alferd' Packer.  Best part is that U of C named their
dining commons after him.  Good sense of humor or really bad food.