Tonneau cover retrofit

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>, midgetsprite group <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Tonneau cover retrofit
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 15:19:37 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

Having completed the installation of my roll bar and
the Porsche 914 seats having been installed long ago,
I am ready to get the tonneau cover reworked to slow
down the infestation of cats. My spray can of cat
repellent is nearly empty and the tarp is an easy lift
for the creatures. The neighbor cat tried to get in
the house via the doggy door last night and had to be
repelled with a plastic pellet from the "Desert Eagle"
replica toy gun. Sheeeesh, they can be persistent.

I have the tall seats bolted directly to the floor so
they don't need huge "pockets" in the cover big enough
to compensate for position. The roll bar installed has
the usual uprights on the outsides, just behind the
seats, bolted to the front edge of the wheel
humps/bumps/ and/or interior wheel arches. The roll
bar is braced with two uprights about 8 inches inboard
from each side bolted to the metal area just forward
of the bulkhead to the trunk/boot/turtle.

Since the only place here that would approach such a
project is the local tent and awning company, it would
be helpful to have pictures, etc.

My Sprite is a '69 and the cover, from who knows what,
fit well before seat and rollbar additions.

Does anyone have a suggestion, or a site that might
have instructions or photos. I'm thinking something
with velcro to tighten the openings cut for roll bar
posts and heavy vinyl "bags" where the seats stick up?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA

cheers, bill b.
No cats have been seriously injured in the making of
this epic.Yet!