Re: [midgetsprite] It's been a long day! (Long Read)

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] It's been a long day! (Long Read)
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 23:32:03 EDT
toyman@digitex.net writes:

> Which should I use for the front and rear, the cork or rubber?

I don't know where each of the two were meant to go, but I am not using cork
for my pan gasket anymore.  Reason being I use sealant, and when you torque a
cork gasket to spec with sealant applied it tends to "slide" out and not give
a good seal.  Rubber or the rubberized paper gaskets do not seem to do this.
If you do not use sealant, cork may do just fine, and I DO prefer it for my
valve cover gasket, knowing that the torque there is not that great.

--DAvid C.