Bogus Export Scam

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Bogus Export Scam
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 00:02:19 EDT
Folks,

I have a  Sprite for sale.  It's advertised on the Internet.  I was
approached via E-mail by a concern (Mr. Simon Cruise from Switzerland) with an
address
of (simon-trades@outgun.com) who asked questions and agreed on my asking
price to settle the deal.  They proposed sending funds equal to $3500 over the
sale price that I was to cash and then send the balance to a freight forwarder
pick up the car THE NEXT DAY  for shipment.

I questioned this method of transaction and in short begin to get
intermittent or returned communications with the intent of closing on their
terms.

I believe they were trying to suck me into a cashing a bogus cash transfer in
hopes that I would send legit funds in return.

Being a good Ol boy with cash transaction at the heart of deals, I was not up
to it.

BEWARE of this type of  waste of  time.

John Carey
<A