Re: MIdget update Aug 2003 14:21:55 -0500

To: goutvols2@mchsi.com (Carter Tuggle)
Subject: Re: MIdget update Aug 2003 14:21:55 -0500
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 16:12:46 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: mgs@autox.team.net (mgs list), spridgets@autox.team.net (spridget list)
Chris....

I'd follow up on Paul A's suggestion first.
If this doesn't do the trick, I respectfully
suggest you start over again in terms of
a "tune-up" during which the "fault" will
usually make itself known at one stage
or another.

Motorhead "steps":

1. Check for vacuum (air) leaks
2. Do a compression check (and
    "leakdown" check if possible)
3. Adjust valves
4. Ignition side
    a. renew plugs (correctly gapped), cap,
rotor, points, condenser, spark plug wires,
set timing, check for advance...or....

    b. If you've already done all of 4, you'll need to be sure all is at
it should be, most
especially with respect to possible defective new parts..ignition
analyser time (only test for coil that I know of, anyway).

5. "Tune" the carbs per the book

Good luck my friend...hang in there and
be methodical in your approach should
Paul A's suggestion not be the case (but
I hope it is!:)

Cap'n. Bob
     '60 :{)