Re: tailgaters* No LBC

To: <RBHouston@aol.com>, <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>, <DLancer7676@cs.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tailgaters* No LBC
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 00:21:26 +0100
This reminds me of an incident some years ago in Northumberland, UK. where
the RAF practice their low-flying (beneath Radar) operations in Tornados.
On this particular day the local police had a stake-out with their speed
trap radar gun aimed down the AI (main highway)
Watching the digital read-out pick up something coming fast and climb to
somewhat over the local 70 MPH speed limit must have been a bit of a shock
for the traffic cop on duty that day !!  I doubt the radar gun was ever
quite the same again.

I guess it is sort of the reverse of using aircraft to catch speeders

The fastest recorded person stopped for breaking a UK speed limit was doing
176MPH (70 Limit) on a bike.
I think he lost his drivers licence for a bit.

Guy