Re: Roundabout Re: Trafic Circles

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Roundabout Re: Trafic Circles
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 17:25:58 -0700
Well, in Massachusetts there are many of these. It's the first place I ever
saw them and have come to appreciate their existence. Also they're an
endless source of entertainment for the number of people who miss the turn
completely and drive right into the middle (usually stopped by large stone
landscaping). I've seen more than a few just sitting on the rocks and
staring at their vehicle.

We had one specific circle that eased the flow of traffic by splitting the
main lanes into 2 pairs that entered the rotary at different points (two at
6 o'clock, two at 5 o'clock. The outside at 5 exited at 3. The inside at 5
exited at 12. The outside at 6 exited at 12 or 10 and the inside exited at
10 or did donuts.

Really, it only sounds confusing.

--
Alix