The Happy Wanderers update!!

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: The Happy Wanderers update!!
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 09:57:52 -0500
All:

At Ed's request which is actually a Annice & Bob , AKA "The Happy Wanderers"
request:
Finally got somewhere with a modem connection, so can finally get a general
note out.
After leaving Kate's, we made our sightseeing way up to Portland and Paul A.
and friend, and to Seattle, where in addition to meeting with Phil Jones and
his family and very nice Midget restoration, we did a bit of sightseeing,
had a three hour lunch at the Space Needle, and attended a regular meeting
of the Cascade AH Club.  At the club meeting, Walt Harrison had his Nevada
Beige bugeye (the first other than my own that I've seen that is still the
original Nevada Beige).  His is different in that it is very stock.  It is a
great looking car.

The trip across Canada was more or less uneventful.  We spent several days
in Kamloops sightseeing--riding trains and sternwheeler ships and eating too
much.  Holidays and the Calgary Stampede made it difficult to find space to
stay, and we had to make do without modem hookups.  After we got back to the
U.S., we kept checking into campgrounds that didn't really have this
convenience, and we ended up begging time from Dave and Teri Woerpel just to
get our bills paid.

In Iowa and Wisconsin we made a point to see several Frank Lloyd Wright
buildings, including his own home in Spring Green Wisconsin.  Also checked
out Peter C's very impressive business in Madison and enjoyed a great visit
with Peter and Jane.

This afternoon we arrived at Yorkville IL, in hopes of spending a week or so
in the Chicago area.  Looks like I am finally going to really get to meet
Ed.  And we have a generally available phone line to connect the computer
to.  So thought I would fill my friends in before I get blacked out again.
I hope you haven't written me off because I didn't answer your mail.  We
aren't moving along as fast as we need to be, so we may end up cutting this
year's trip short and finishing our plans later.  Or we may just stay on the
road til Christmas, who knows.

We are still having a great time, and feel better than we have in ages.
Hope I manage to not take so long for a general letter next time!

The happy wanderers
Annice and Bob
Yes, they did meet Ed (and David Lieb) .  Ed told me and asked me to
"subscribe and post"  which is why I am sending the above.
Pics will be on Ed's site shortly.

Rick