Re: [Fwd: Can it be more then a headgasket?]

To: <bushwacker4@zoomtown.com>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Can it be more then a headgasket?]
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 16:27:01 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
More likely than a cracked block, is a cracked head. When the valves
were enlarged to 1.4" valves on a 1275 head, this was a known
problem. I've seldom seen one myself, but it does happen. You may be
able to tell by pulling the valve cover and looking for foamy
oil/water scum around one of the valves as the base of the springs.
Running the engine and observing same my also reveal the source, but
you may not want to do that at this stage of the game.

Gerard

At 7:13 PM -0400 8/17/03, <bushwacker4@zoomtown.com> wrote:
>Hey, I'm a charitable guy. Give it to me!!! After you pull the head,
>check the block where the studs bolt in. Sometimes vigorous
>torque-ing will pull the threads up just enough to foul up
>everything... Then you have to deck the block to remove it.
>
>Good luck,
>Kent
>1960 Bugeye
>1978 Midget
>
>If it is a cracked block I will be getting rid of this car
>(charitable donation)  or part it out, dont want to but I have not
>the time nor the energy to replace an engine
>Thanks for any advice you might have
Justin

--
One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it.
~French Proverb