RE: Porsche and LBCs- little LBC content

To: "spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Porsche and LBCs- little LBC content
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 16:39:33 -0700
Bud wrote: " compared to a Spridget, [356s] are rather expensive to
maintain/restore/rebuild and there are MANY subtleties about them that only
years and years of hands-on experience will teach you.  You can get
(financially) upside down in a 356 in a heartbeat, if you miss a fault or
two."

Isn't this true of nearly all Porsches? That's why I will not buy another
Porsche, new or used. They can be real money pits- not as bad as, let's say,
Ferrari, but bad enough. The Boxster IS a nice car, but overpriced I think,
just as service charges and parts from Porsche dealers. By the way, my
introduction to Porsche was riding in a 356 my friend owned- we were both
working at a Porsche/Alfa Romeo dealer in Brittany.

Long live LBCs, especially AH/MG/Lotus and.... wait for it.... Triumphs!

OK. Flame away 8-)

PS: Hey, WST- Good show at Grattan! Wish I could drive like you!

Jacques LC  http://www.leclainche.com/
1959 "Bugeye" Sprite- vintage racing car- fun fun fun.
1970 Lotus 7 Twin Cam- Officer, I swear, my throttle's stuck open!
2001 Porsche Boxster S- no, I am not a poser, really!

---