Re: Bizarre- Virus emails - NO LBC

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bizarre- Virus emails - NO LBC
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 20:31:20 -0400
Gerard,

I was a target for them on the 20th.  I received 76 of them.  It was driving
me crazy as Norton was catching everyone of them and asking me what I wanted
to do with them.  I used Nslookup & Traceroute and located the server that
they were originating from.  I sent the ISP and the server owner an email
with the results from above and I received the following email from the
owner of the server involved.  Haven't heard anything from the ISP!

"The network security department has resolved the issue that you have
reported and have marked this incident as closed.
Regards,

US LEC Network Security"

Yes all 76 W32.Sobig- F @ mm virus emails all originated from that one
server.  I have not received another one since I filled my compliant.

Biff Jones
'59 Bugeye 'Kermit'
'61 Sprite 'Ole Gray' in "The Healey Book"
'71 Midget 'Freebie' under restoration
http://sprites2.homestead.com/