Re: Was: Here is July 4th 2001 NOW: How hot is HOT? long, tedious

To: Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>
Subject: Re: Was: Here is July 4th 2001 NOW: How hot is HOT? long, tedious
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 21:29:48 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Brad Fornal wrote:

> If you get this far, thanks for reading,

Brad
WOW, I only got the temp up to 100 PSI on the oil gauge never 80 ;)
My son blew the head gasket on PIECES a few years ago.
Same problem as you. Overheated. But due to a stuck stat. Water in the
rad was 160*, no water in the head. I now have the probe in the head,
not the rad.
My head was black it got so hot. Blew the gasket out the back near the
heater valve.
New gasket, some water and a new stat and the car has been fine ever
since. That was 2 or 3 years ago.
You should be OK, maybe a bum plug if it got real hot or maybe it was
just wet due to the rain.
I have been in a Sprite in the rain with no top more than I care to
recall. It's not bad til you get behind that truck (as you already know)
And it's not the outside of the screen, it's the inside that needs wipers!

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ