Re: Engine install, driveshaft.....

To: Brock.D.Dittrick@jci.com
Subject: Re: Engine install, driveshaft.....
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 17:10:04 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Brock,

The driveshaft can be installed either way. It is a bit easier to
slip it into the trannie before the engine gets push home, but if
your arm is long enough to reach into the tunnel you can still do it.

Depends on the header you have. Many can be maneuvered into place by
some creative positioning, but some require being lifted off the
motor mounts enough to get the engine to one side while you get the
header in place. Having the head off will do the trick too. Your
steering column should be fine once everything is in place. At least
that is my experience with a variety I have installed.

Gerard

--
One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it.
~French Proverb