letter from ELVF race director

To: "Team-Thicko@Autox.Team.Net" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: letter from ELVF race director
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 16:33:26 -0500
Cc: "Vintage-Race" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Healey list Forum" <healeys@autox.team.net>
(Shirley can be reached at sj.murray@earthlink.net for any questions)

Dear Team Thicko Members,

I hope you all will be joining me at the Elkhart Lake Vintage Festival at
Road America September 19-21, 2003. If you get your entry in by August 29, a
three-day entry is $360 (I promise that next year it will be a 3-day entry
and fee) which is quite reasonable compared to other events at comparable
venues. There will be three practice sessions on Friday, practice and
qualifying on Saturday (2-sessions), and a one-hour enduro (additional $20)
and a feature race on Sunday. Everyone is invited to the ELVF Welcome party
Friday (free) at the track so please have your Team Thicko party on Saturday
night. There will be plenty of chili, brats, beer and chocolate cake for
everyone. SCCA workers are also invited to the party and I hope you will
take the opportunity to get to know some of them. If you havent been on the
Saturday Street Race Circuit into Elkhart Lake, you might want to try it
this year. After one-lap of a police-led original street race circuit you
can stop in town for lunch at the Elkhart Lake First Responders pig roast
and for the farmers and artists market. This is open to street and race
cars and there is no charge. In response to a lot of requests, the ELVF
enduro has been moved to Sunday morning and will be open to groups 2, 3, 4,
6 & 8 only. Ive been working very hard the past year to make this an
enjoyable and memorable event for everyone so, Team Thicko members, I hope
you will bring your family and friends to Road America next month to enjoy
great racing, great friends and great fun at a world-class motorsports
facility.

Sincerely yours,

Shirley Murray, Event Chair

Elkhart Lake Vintage Festival