Re: How to make more HP from your Spridget

To: spridgets-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How to make more HP from your Spridget
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 07:29:27 -0700 (PDT)
--- James Gruber <thistle_3619@yahoo.com> wrote:
> power by 15-25% on the top end. Evidently lack of
> fluid prevents carbs from opening all of the way up.

If it works, go with it (the erratic idle makes
sense).  For the problems you described, I'd have
checked jet alignments or needle straightness.  The
dashpot adds "stability" to the controls equation.
For top-end power, when you go wide open throttle, you
want the needle off the jet immediately, stability be
damned.  On most race cars, NO fluid is used, and most
don't even use springs. Peter C. and I witnessed the
Mother of Modified SUs that was essentially a straight
shot from velocity stack to intake manifold with
almost no guts at all (way beyond what's in Vizard's
book).