bugeye soft top

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: bugeye soft top
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 15:49:43 -0700
On my 51st birthday I joined the ranks of whussies.  My wife gave me a new
convertible top for the bugeye.
I had already picked up the wide steel 'strap' that is inserted into the rear
pocket in the top to hook the two rear attachment points. (Its from an MGB,
but I'll cut it down)
What I don't have is the much smaller strip of metal that inserts into the
front of the hood to lock it to the groove in the windscreen frame.  Does
anyone have a suggestion on a possible source for this strip?
I imagine I could use a couple of those metal strips that come with a file
cabinet to make rails for hanging file folders.  Better ideas?

Thanks,
Glen