Lever Shock Oil

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Lever Shock Oil
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 20:34:07 EDT
Since it decided to rain on Labor Day, I spent some time in the garage under
the hood of my '74 midget.

Checked the fluid level in the shocks, and while the level was good all
around, the fluid on the front passenger side was not clear.  It was quite
dirty
with suspended black "swarf".  Any ideas as to what trouble I am in?  First
step
might be to change the fluid.  What is the collective wisdom of the group on
fluid to use?  Bentley says "Armstrong Super (Thin) Damper Oil", or good
quality mineral oil to SAE 20/20W.  Vicky Brit pushes Penrite Shock Oil.
Anything I
can get at Murray's or Autozone?

Thank you.

Steve Swarin