Re: Flip top Re: ## Survey## Alloy Rocker/Valve Cover - A-Series engin

To: gerard <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Subject: Re: Flip top Re: ## Survey## Alloy Rocker/Valve Cover - A-Series engine
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 14:21:53 -0400
Cc: Daniel1312@aol.com, cfchrist@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net, dhedin@ieee.org
Quick release caps are available in various sizes. Years ago I ordered
one close in size to the neck on a common cast valve
cover and installed it with suitable adhesive. See my website or the
attached pic, for those receiving this off-list.

Daniel, I could send some pics of 2 period valve covers that I have that
are finned, one id finned on the front, top, and back, and the other
just on the top.

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct
Home of "The Innocenti Project"
61 Innocenti 950 Spyder
63 Pink Sprite MkII
74 RWA Midget 38,000 miles
http://home.ix.netcom.com/~type79/ <http://home.ix.netcom.com/%7Etype79/>
gerard wrote:

> Daniel,
>
> Maybe it's my imagination, but I seem to recall seeing something like
> this somewhere, but it was not a large cap like a gas filler you
> describe, but a smaller correctly sized one.
>
> Gerard
>
> At 1:00 PM -0400 9/3/03, Daniel1312@aol.com wrote:
>
>> I've never been certain that what I have seen passed off an Orignal
>> Speedwell
>> rocker cover with the flip top cap really is a speedwell product.  It
>> is any
>> event the most hidous looking of all rocker covers and the cap is
>> chromed
>> steel and I agree with Dean is off a GT6 or something like that and I
>> don't think
>> looks right because it looks to be what in reality it is, a big gas
>> tank cap.

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
PinkCarEngine9-2002-1.JPG]