ABFM-We made it

To: "Spridget" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: ABFM-We made it
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 14:25:27 -0700
I now have 1,649 more miles on the Bugeye. It ran about as good as possible.
It used 2 quarts of oil and averaged 22.8 MPG. We drove I-5 all the way in
both directions and ran 70 to 75 MPH with occasional bursts to 80 and beyond
:-)

We had two minor problems going and none coming back. The fan lost it's
ground and we had to tighten the alternator belt, that's it. They both
happened at the same time so it only delayed us about 10 minutes.

Last I heard there were 785 cars entered. I counted 20 Bugeyes and somewhat
less Spridgets. Three Lotus Elise, one with CA plates and registered as a
crane (no shit).

I think I at least said hi to all of the people from the list. I spoke with
some more than others.

Cherries Jubilee (local version of Hot August Nights) is the same weekend as
the Palo Alto meet so we probably will not make that one. We will be at the
San Juan Bautista Autumn Classic on the 19th of October. I hope to seem some
of you there.

Larry Miller
http://www.ado13.com