Re: Seat foams for my '73 midget

To: Mike MacLean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Seat foams for my '73 midget
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 20:57:18 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Mike MacLean wrote:
>  but unless you are Frank you have to spend
> some money on these cars to keep them on the road.  I suspect even
> Frank has to spend some cash on his cars.

That's correct.
$800 for a safe quicky driver. (red Midget)
$1200 for a very nice example. (Blue Speedwell)
That was the out of pocket price for the 2 cars I did in 2003.
And then there is the cost of the *project car* $200 for the Midget, I
ain't saying what I spent on the bugeye tub, my wife thought it was a
good price, I knew it was the going price. Those 2 prices are just a bit
different ;)
Oh yeah, that includes the seats. My upholsterer does them for $100 each
and he supplies the material. Add $20 each for new bladders.
I make all the rest of the interior myself. $8 worth of masonite will do
2 complete Spridget interiors, $30 for good vinyl and $30 for good carpet.
Another $20 for glue and for around $300 you have a complete new interior.
Stop by your local auto uphostry shop, they are good at what they do.
There are lots of places where you can save big bucks on these cars,
just don't even think about saving a buck on the brake system.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ