transportation for teen

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: transportation for teen
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 20:08:22 -0500 with any abuse report
You know,,, I read what was wrote, and thought to my self "well that is not
how its done here" but the rest of the world these days does that.

Then I read a few other people's (Kate, and Bob) ideas and thought well ya
exactly.

Im probably a youngin on this list (44) but I bought my Son a car in pc's
for his 16th birthday, and worked along side him to put it together (some
little nova corolla thing) he treated car "okay" not great, he was a kid.
But when it broke (because he abused it) I would be happy to help him with
my labor, but there was not one time I bought him a part.  I loaned him
Money many many times, but the responsibility was his. I tried to teach him
that. I think I did a decent job, as now he is a 22 year old making his own
way, that just bought a 120k house, on his own, ( I helped him a smidge, but
not much, only as much as he asked for)

I have some friends, and neighbors that give the kids the world, and ask for
no responsibility from them, these kids are rude, and take everything that
is handed to them, and then yell at their parents for it. they get away with
murder, and are not asked to account for it.

My son is no angel, he is a good kid, that messes up, like one would expect,
his car was messed up a few weekends ago, and it would have been real easy
to let him take one of my antiques till he fixed his, instead we both worked
on his car until it was road worthy again, many hours. But you know what?
those hours were precious time I got to spend with him, that I would not
trade for the world.

The first rule here was that if he couldn't afford insurance, he didn't
drive! PERIOD>.

oh yeah I got him some breaks, but mostly he did it on his own. I believe to
this day that made him a better MAN. And to all fathers out there, I am
going to tell you, if your as proud of your Son as I am, let him know.  I
will be forwarding this to him, even if it is a week way of telling him how
proud I am of him

willy@thompsoncarpentry.com

www.thompsoncarpentry.com