Subject: TX Emissions

To: "Spridgets Digest" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Subject: TX Emissions
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 22:01:17 -0400
Robert Houston's post of the TX auto emissions regs is most interesting.
These ultra-tight regs seem in stark contrast to what the oil & chemical
plants in TX are allowed  to emit.  Makes me wonder who the laws are written
by and for.  But, I think we know the answer to that one.  Squeeze the
car-owning public because they don't have a PAC or lobbyists.

Last time I was in TX, driving from Houston to Beaumont, the smells were
vile.  Worse than I remember before environmental concerns caused a cut back
at Linden, NJ's refineries.  I doubt that all of the old LBC's in the world
would emit as much pollution as just one of those chemical plants.

And, now that the new 948 engine is about to go into the Turner, it will
pollute even less.

Norm Sippel
'59 Turner
'66 MGB