Re: It RUNS! Another Spridget on the road! Long? Wed, 17 Sep 2003 21:43:

To: millerls@ado13.com (Larry & Sandi Miller)
Subject: Re: It RUNS! Another Spridget on the road! Long? Wed, 17 Sep 2003 21:43:11 -0700
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 10:56:04 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: yup1275@earthlink.net (Captain Rapture), spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
"the 45 has always had a flat spot"

Well, a "tendency" toward this for sure,
though.

Not mine! :) It came with the Weber
6" long intake manifold to begin with,
and the length of the intake manifold
makes all sorts of difference to the whole
application in all sorts of ways. Generally
speaking, longer is better for the low end.

It also came with the smaller 3.5 aux.
venturi's unlike some other kits which come with larger 4.5's, the
smaller aux.
venturi allowing earlier commencement
of flow from the main system during
acceleration, thus shortening the period
of time the progression circuit had to
carry the motor between idle and main
jet flow.

So I think it was this combo that resulted
in no flat in "progression" in my instance.

And the engine was running a VP3
cam...and 1.414 intake valves...and 1.5
rockers along with larger exhaust valves
and large bore CHT11 header. So this
was a little fire breather of a street motor.

Cap'n. Bob
     '60 :{)