8" rear drum back plates - Wolseley 1500 for Sprite & Midget

To: spridgets@autox.team.net 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h8JJPSF8015439
Subject: 8" rear drum back plates - Wolseley 1500 for Sprite & Midget
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 15:25:20 EDT
Hi list

I have the opportunnity to purchase another set of Wolseley 1500 rear brakes
that are secondhand and would need a rebuild (eg new slaves, possibly drums).

I think the shipping will be in the region of #25 maybe more, even at surface
rates.  I have to complete them, remove them from an axle casing and then cut
up the axle casing and hope it doesn't trash the local trash cart when they
empy the trashcan.............  I guess I will want #55 for them depending on
the final fuel cost.

The BIG DEAL with the 8" rear drums is that aside from being bigger and
fantastic for parking brake turns, they are a much nicer design of brake,
especially that parking brake mechanism.

If anyone is interested please let me know TODAY since I may have to collect
them tomorrow or pass the opportunnity buy.

Regards

Daniel