Re: Volvo P1800

To: "Geoff Branch" <gjbranch@comcast.net>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Volvo P1800
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 11:47:57 -0500
> Nice P1800?  Isn't that an oxymoron?

Careful there, Geoff! I am a government worker and we oxymorons stick
together ;-)
I won't claim to be a big Volvo fan (remember the infamous "reinforced
Volvo" used in the ad with the monster truck?), but there was something
about the P1800 which always made me think "Bond, James Bond". Besides,
wasn't it a P1800 that claimed to have gone a million miles (or was it
kilometers?). The factory refused to give him any recognition, but at least
he gave Barney Gaylord's MGA a target ;-)
David Lieb