OSHIT get together, LBC content from [141.150.11.25] at Sun, 21 Sep 2003

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: OSHIT get together, LBC content from [141.150.11.25] at Sun, 21 Sep 2003 21:49:08 -0500
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 22:49:07 -0400
Lisa and I spent this Saturday in PA at the Macy's house for a get
together of the Eastern OSHIT group.  The Macy's invites us (the motley
OSHIT group) over to meet both Bob and Annice Kitter.  I have some
pictures that I will upload to a web site.  Anyway it was a nice
afternoon, the weather was great and we got to meet some listers from
the wrong coast :-)         It was nice to meet Bob and Annice and I
thank the Macy's for putting this together.  The Kitters had some slides
that they showed us, an my favorite was the one of them from the 70's in
Death Valley in a rented Hertz van.  Great image.   They also might have
put the most stuff into a bugeye.  The have a picture of a ton of stuff
they jammed into the boot.

We took a tour of Larry's basement and all I can say is I have seen more
than one horror movie that was filmed down there.  His house was built
way back, when there were only 16 states.  The basement walls are 24
inches thick and in one of them were was about a 2 foot wide by 4 foot
high hole that led to an old, old, old well.  This well was open and
filled to the top with water.  It was about 6 foot in diameter and lined
with stone.  The only way to describe this well is scary, very scary.  I
never saw a well like that in a house.  Great place for bodies.  Should
have taken a picture.
---------
"Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain." - Schiller,
"Jungfrau von Orleans"

Good surprise of the day.  Mike Graziano make one of the best pizza I
have ever had, who knew.

Anyway we had a great time, good food, and good people.  Thanks all.

Bill & Lisa Gilroy