Re: bugeye propeller shaft installation

To: "Ann and Billy Green" <bgreen99@frontiernet.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: bugeye propeller shaft installation
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 21:34:04 -0500
> Does anyone have any advice for reinstalling the driveshaft?
> It seems like a helluva difficult task to mate it to the gearbox.

Billy,
It is one of those things where you kick yourself for not realizing the
simple solution after someone else comes to your rescue. It is a one-person
job (I have done it solo several times), if you stuff the front u-joint with
newspaper to keep it doing the rude thing, or else use electrical tape
around the cross of the u-joint for the same effect. In either case, (gee
whiz, I can't keep this from sounding perverted, sorry) you can insert  the
shaft from the rear using a light to see where to stick it (I gave up on
keeping it clean). Whatever you used to keep it up will fall out after the
first couple of miles, no harm done.
David Lieb