Steering column

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Steering column
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 13:33:21 -0500
...Oh, while I'm at it (boss ain't lookin'), how about the fix for the
"lose-jointed" collapsible steering column?

I got some nylon bolts, as I believe was recommended.  Now I drill out the
existing plastic "studs," right?

And then I pull apart the column at the joint, swab in some epoxy, re-insert
the lower column into the upper column, and put in the nylon bolts.  Then
"peen" the ends of the bolts with a soldering iron.  Is that about right?

Would someone instruct me on what I need to unbolt to pull apart the two
sections of the steering column?

Your help, as always, is appreciated.

JohnD