Re: crank case ventilation

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: crank case ventilation
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 20:06:53 -0700 (PDT)
I guess my basic question regarding crank case ventilation was, is the fuel
pump pad alone adequete for ventilation? The answer seems to be yes. I'll have
to drill and tap my 1275 to accept a fitting.
I'm interested in reducing the amount of engine vibration in my Bug project. It
seems the belt drive has several benefits to include reduced noise, vibration
and more stable timing. I have pried my 76 MGB back from my daughter and am
currently putting 600 + miles a week on it, mostly at 70-80 mph. Even with
electric over drive some times it feels like that motor is going thrash itself
to death. 3 years and 35k+ miles since I've had it on the road I've stopped
worrying about it and I figure I'll drive it till it drops. I keep tell'n
myself however I'm going to do something to minimize that vibration next time.
I want to minimize that thrashing of course without having to slow down too
much!
Thanks for the info.

Larry Pitts