Re: engine troubles

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: engine troubles
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 21:32:05 -0400 FILETIME=[70FC7440:01C38629]
Your comments imply the motor was pretty well worn, and if so, chances are
good that if you used something like 104+ octane booster it caused a
component or two to pop if the mill didn't have enough compression ratio or
hot enough spark to ignite all the fuel. If true, the first detonations
(knock) in the exhaust manifold from unburned fuel sent supersonic shock
waves through the system that can severely damage components, especially if
well worn.

Unfortunately, by the time you heard the 'knocking' sounds, they only told
you something's already been damaged, like an oil light. :^( Anyway, it will
be interesting to hear what the damage was, or if it was possible for the
additive to have caused it.

BTW, if you're interested, I've got some octane booster formulas you can
make relatively cheaply that'll put some real zip into that new 1275. ;^)

GM