Ban Doctors! NO LBC...Gun Content!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Ban Doctors! NO LBC...Gun Content!
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 12:07:31 -0400
Well, it's been a few weeks since I stirred the muddy water of the list with
any gun info, so here goes.  My daughter sent me this so I take no
responsibility for the accuracy of the statistics.

Statistically Speaking

According to the US Dept.  of Health & Human Services
  a.  The number of physicians in the US is 700,000.
  b.  Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year
       is 120,000.
  c.  Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.

Then think about this:
  a.  The number of gun owners in the US is 80,000,000
       (yes, eighty million).
  b.  The number of accidental gun deaths per year (all
       age groups) is 1,500.
  c.  The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is
       .0000188.

 Statistically, then, doctors are about 9,000 times more dangerous than gun
owners.

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS A DOCTOR.

  Alert your friends to this threat.  We must ban doctors before this
 gets out of hand.

 (As a public health measure, I have withheld the statistics on
 lawyers, for fear that the shock could cause people to seek medical
 attention.)

Robert Houston
Transervicios S.A. de C.V.
915-592-2082