Car stuck in neutral?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Car stuck in neutral?
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:12:03 -0700
I have been fiddling with my 1972 Midget, trying to figure out why she does
not seem to want to go for any rides this summer.  She had a major hydraulic
fluid leak from a front flex line, which was replaced and the system bled.
When I went to drive her onto the trailer to move a few days later, my clutch
pedal felt like concrete, and would not go down at all.  Thinking it was
perhaps a stuck piston, from the car sitting through a typical Oregon winter,
I managed to force the clutch pedal to the floor, and it now works.  The shift
lever goes smoothly into all 4 gears, but the car will not move.  It seems to
be stuck in neutral.  I just now tried starting it in 1st gear, with my foot
off the clutch, and it started with nary a jerk, just as it had when I warmed
it up in neutral.  I really do need list advice on this situation.  It is a
nearly new ribcase which has never been abused.  If anyone is interested in a
NE Nevada OSHIT, I have several cases of beer and 3 real nice London broil
steaks, and room to park several rvs.  Thanks.
Kate