oil gun

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: oil gun
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 17:58:01 EDT
Hello Larry and list, I've got one of these oil guns. I just ran out to the
garage and cannot fine any identification on it. I did buy it at a marine
outlet. I will go through my notes later. I should be able to fine a name
somewhere. The lub that came with it was synthetic and I drained that out and
put in
hypoid. The supply comes in what looks like a tube of toothpaste. I have used
it
from time to time but what works as well for me is to use a pump oil can. I
put a drill into the little hole in the zerk fitting on the steering rack and
enlarge the hole. Out comes the ball and spring. Now I just put one end of a
rubber hose over this and the other end on  the oil can spout and pump away.
What I then do is cap the zerk with a small cap I found at the hardware store.
These caps are designed to fit over exposed bolt ends so you won't hurt
yourself. Ace  hardware has a whole wall of yellow boxes filled with clips,
hangers,
nuts&bolts etc and you can find what you need there. The caps have stayed on
for me. I do check once in a while because if they fall off, you are letting
dirt in. Bob C in KS