Re: Kinda LBC Related-Miata - return the damn thing...

To: "Wm. Thompson" <willy@thompsoncarpentry.com>
Subject: Re: Kinda LBC Related-Miata - return the damn thing...
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 17:32:06 -0700
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
California has a no recission policy.  When you buy a used car on an "AS
IS" contract, it becomes yours, problems and all.  Like I said before, I
drove the car at the used car dealership for 20 minutes or so with no
apparent mechanical problems.  It was not until I got it home (towed it
because I cannot drive 2 cars 60 miles at the same time) and drove ot 20
miles or so on the freeway and around town all day that the overheating
problen surfaced.  The dealer probably got taken on this one as well.
The car is now in a reputable repair shop.  The tech said the head will
go out to a trusted machine shop that specializes in head work and get a
full analisis.  If it needs a valve job or welding or whatever I will be
informed.  We are hoping it only needs a new head gasket and maybe
slight machining of the head surface and slap it back together.  I will
post results as they develop.  I am learming a lot about Miatas in a
short time though.
Mike