Re: Other post on Re: First impressions EDT

To: Daniel1312@aol.com
Subject: Re: Other post on Re: First impressions EDT
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 15:57:11 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: antony@antgel.co.uk, spridgets@autox.team.net
Daniel writes: "Sounds like it supports it to me!"

Sure...in a way....it does. As to whether it
is "necessary" because the factory stock
system is "inadequate"? No, not IMHE.

The factory thought the stock brake system for the 1275 Spridget was
completely satisfactory to use the same
system on a 1500. Considering it's use
in fast road work in my PO'd "tuned" 1275, I completely agree with the
factory in
it's use of the same system in a 1500.

Does this mean we cannot do better? Of
course not. Sure we can. But my reason
for doing so would not be an "inadequate"
stock factory system, most especially when "upgraded" pad/shoe material
is
in use with same.

And, having driven a stock 1500 ('77
in this case) in normal road conditions
including some fast motoring on the
back roads where heavy braking was
certainly used, I found the factory stock
brake setup to be completely satisfactory.

But is an upgrade in this respect a good idea, anyway? Absolutely. Sure.

Personally, in my case regarding the
type of driving I do fr'instance, and
having found the stock system perfectly
adequate in a 1500 under normal street
conditions, my decision would
be based on "cost" in terms of
exactly what needed replacing to bring
the car up to "as new" standard.

I would then compare these costs with
what it would cost in new parts to "upgrade" and make a personal
decision,
with the knowledge the stock factory set-up to be perfectly adequate for
my
use.

Cap'n. Bob
     '60 :{)