Beautiful Weekend

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Beautiful Weekend
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 08:54:15 -0500
Well it certainly was a beautiful weekend in Chicagoland! I got to spend
part of Saturday starting one of my winter projects; got the rear axle
pulled out of the retired red 74 Midget and started cleaning it up.
Sunday was supposed to be the Fall Colour Tour for the MG Club (also for the
Miata Club). As Driving Events Coordinator, I had to show up for the launch,
but I had to peel off about 5 miles into the drive so that I could go fix my
daughter's brakes. I am never sure whether Ford engineered it that way on
purpose, but just about the time to replace the front pads, the caliper
piston has moved out far enough so that the brake fluid level in the master
is just low enough to light the fluid low sensor. Convenient, as long as you
know NOT to top up the cylinder, but rather to go ahead and change the pads
;-). Unfortunately, the pins on the driver's side refused to come quietly,
so I had to cut them with the Dremel and wander off to the parts store for
more pins. Just as well, since otherwise I probably wouldn't have gotten
around to replacing the tie-rod ends and they did need it. So I guess it was
good to be outside and working on a car, but I sure wish it had been the
Midget rather than the Ford...
David Lieb
1972 RWA Midget
2002 GTI for Trish to beat me at autocross with