Re: Repainting wheels

To: Antony Gelberg <antony@antgel.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Repainting wheels
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 22:12:30 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Rostyle (the wheels you have) look great with fresh paint.
There is a hold in place mask that some people have had good luck with,
or the tape and cut method which I prefer for a super job.
Again there are *correct* color paints for correct $$ or the We Tight
method.
I use Krylon glossy black and Krylon silver metalic.
After it drys a day, I coat the whole wheel with Krylon clear.
About $9 worth of spray paint and a few razor blades and masking tape
(the blue stuff)
Eastwood sells 97 different colors of black and 48 different colors of
silver.
Krylon has 2 blacks and 2 silvers (flat and gloss) the clear coat dulls
the silver to an almost perfect factory original wheel color.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ