Re: Heater

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Heater
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 21:25:53 -0400
Now I can answer one!!!

> o Is it possible to work on the gearbox without removing it from the
> car?  Is there a transmission dipstick (now I must be dreaming).  What
oil?  Where do I fill it?

Yes, if you can get under the car or you raise the car, you can wipe the oil
off the places you can see. LOL.....

No you are not dreaming, what do you think your little finger is for? On the
right side of the tranny there is a fill plug, Part 79
http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=29288  Remove
the fill plug and insert your little finger.  When I refilled mine with
about 1.8 pints of Hypoid Gear Oil the level was just at the lip of the fill
plug.

Brent
76 Daily Driver