Head

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Head
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 13:20:48 -0400
Cc: <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>, <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
All,

Recently I acquired a 12G295 head that I want to refurbish, Vizardise, and
install on my 948.  One pleasant surprise was that it has rimflow valves
installed and they are clean and the guides are tight!

Anyway, my question:  How can I tell if the head has or has not been
shaved/milled?  I'm might be making an 'assumption' that since it has already
been upgrade with the rimflow valves that it might have been already
shaved/milled.  But I don't know what it was installed on before my purchase.
If it was on a 1100cc it might not have been shaved, however, if it was on a
948 it probably was.  I don't want to install it and find my compression down
and have to remove it and have it shaved to bring the compression back.

Is there a measurement somewhere on the head that will tell me something?

Thanks,
Biff Jones
'59 Bugeye, 'Kermit'
'62 Sprite, 'Ole Gray'