clutch fan sparks

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: clutch fan sparks
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 10:07:21 -0400
Mid-gette Bardeaux is coming along brilliantly, thank you, amazing how fast it
progresses when I work on it, and it's keeping the turkeys safe near my house
as its consumed all my hunting time.  So I've got three queries as I bolt it
all together:

1)  what is the proper clutch feel like (standard clutch) is it what a person
used to a full sized dodge pickup would call really light?  Mandy & I bled the
clutch last night and everything seemed to go according to plan, she said it
got "harder" to push just as I stopped getting air out, so I was pretty
confident until I pushed it myself.   My Honda 125 MX bike was harder to
declutch, but when I think about how small it is and that it's hydraulic I
guess it could be okay?  Effort is very light.

2)  I'm going to an electronic ign., plan on the crane system unless everyone
feels that's bad.  Assuming it's good, has anyone had experience with the two
levels?  there's a 700 system and then a 3000 or something - any need for the
big fella? (1500, street cam, prog 2 bbl weber, slight compression bump,
basically a 2-4.5 grand rpm motor)I'm inclined toward the smaller unit on the
theory there CAN be too much ign energy trying to escape the wires, etc. if you
don't need it.   Thoughts?

3)  went to an electric fan.  Is the water pump pulley okay with no clutch and
fan pressed on?  it doesn't seem to have any bolts and I assume it's pressed
on, will it stay on by itself?

Thanks!  sorry to burden the list so much during the assembly period.

Mark M.