Re: front swaybar

To: "Geoff Branch" <gjbranch@comcast.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: front swaybar
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 16:26:00 -0500
> Oh, and by the way....if you disconnect the swaybar....be real careful
> when driving.....

That's funny, my 1972 Midget came from the factory without any swaybar (they
were an option, after all). I put a factory 9/16" swaybar on it, complete
with urethane bushings. I then put a 3/4" Winner's Circle swaybar on it
(thanks, Willy!). It made far more of a difference to go from the 9/16 to
the 3/4 than it did going from nothing to the 9/16. I was quite surprised. I
agree with Frank now, 3/4" swaybar has moved up near the top of the list of
mandatory upgrades to be performed upon new Spridgets when acquired.
In fact, with the help of that swaybar, I managed to grab FTD at the
Chicagoland MG Club Last Gasp Autocross (or was it the OctoberFast
Autocross?) last Sunday. Good thing that Barney managed to snag at least one
cone on every run...
In other words, Geoff, if that is the stock swaybar, go out and get a 3/4"
one and fix multiple problems at once ;-)
David Lieb
1972 RWA Midget
2002 GTI for Trish to beat me at autocross with